Tuesday, April 14, 2009

How do I get my potted Orchid to bloom again?

I purchased an orchid about 4 months ago. I beleive it is a Phaleonopsis orchid. It lives in a pot in my apartment. It lost all it%26#039;s blooms about 2 months ago. Will it bloom again? How long will it take? Do I need to trim the stem that the old flowers were on, or will it bloom again on the old stem? Just want some more basic info!

How do I get my potted Orchid to bloom again?
Yes, it will bloom again. here is what to do and what to expect. First, the stalk may turn brown, and then to straw, this is fine, but avoid the urge to clip it until it is fully withered. Continue to water the orchid, but make sure it is potted loosely in wood chips with drainage. In fact, now is the perfect time to re-pot it to a slightly bigger pot with wood chips and bark. then water it lightly every 7-10 days. Let it get some sunlight, but not too much. Eventually it will bloom. I have had one orchid for 7 years that blooms at least 4 months out of each year.



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment