Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rose Tree Question?

I purchased two rose trees through mail order. They looked like dead sticks when they came 3 months ago, but I followed the advice of the seller and planted them and waited. They never did come to life so I have received a refund. Now I have 2%26#039; rose branches growing from the base of the roots. How do I save these? I am a complete beginner. I don%26#039;t even know what %26quot;deadhead%26quot; means. They are in a flower pot.

Rose Tree Question?
No problem... every one is a beginner for a while.





Rose trees are the %26quot;Frankenstein%26quot; monsters of the Rose world. The plant you %26quot;paid%26quot; for is the stuff on the top, that makes it look like a tree. The %26quot;trunk%26quot; is a not so showy-wild-something or another type of rose, and the roots belong to a third plant, usually a climbing rose called %26quot;Dr. Huey%26quot;. The stuff growing out of the bottom, belong to the roots. If it is Dr. Huey, it%26#039;s a red climbing rose bush, that blooms only once per year. I wouldn%26#039;t save it, not ever.





If you%26#039;re a beginner, and want to try some roses, look at Rosa rugosa (Salt spray roses), they are easy to grow, and quite care free. Also consider miniature roses.





Good luck


I hope that this helps



makeup tips

No comments:

Post a Comment