Monday, April 13, 2009

Need help with growing my hybrid lilys?

I purchased a very nice orange hybrid lily about 2 weeks ago. I live in hawaii so everyone says its so easy to grow things with the weather here. well 2 days after i planted the flower i had one bloom...now all my flowers have fell off and i just have the little green things at the tops. any information as to if they will grow back soon or if i have killed the plant. i know nothing about these flowers and want to grow them because they are so pretty. how long do the flowers usually stay on and how long before they bloom again. I do water them every evening. Thanks so much

Need help with growing my hybrid lilys?
You probably bought %26quot;day Lilly%26quot; they do only bloom and last one day for each bloom. Get some other lily too, ask the nursery.Iris%26#039;s last for weeks and so do gladiolas and you can plant now.
Reply:Lilies bloom once every year. After blooming, they will stay green till fall.





I love to buy potted lilies. But I transfer them to ground after they bloom. Trim them down all the way before frost, cover with mulch and they will come back the next spring.



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment