Monday, April 13, 2009

I would a rose bush that the blooms almost year around it gets to be like 5' - and when open are beautiful

I had a bush like this when I was younger - the flowers looks


beauthiful from the time you took off a bud until the time it was in full bloom - this plant had pink blooms if the matters - but, I just purchased 3 plants and when I got ready to plant them the one flower (that I had intended to remove) look like a wild rose.


I would appreciate if anyone knows what I am talking about.


Thank you,


Norma

I would a rose bush that the blooms almost year around it gets to be like 5%26#039; - and when open are beautiful
I have a rose that may fit your description, its called %26#039;Duchesse de Brabant%26#039;, also called in other countries, Comtesse de labarthe, Comtesse Ouwaroff, Countess Bertha or %26#039;The Shell Rose%26quot;. It makes it hard when they have different names in different countries.





It flowers continuously from spring till it frosts hard. It has a double old rose look in pale shell pink. The buds look like double tulips. Nice fragrance also. My books say it is slow growing and can get diseases, but I have found it fast growing and disease reistant. I%26#039;m in a Zone 9, warm temperate climate. If you are in America, my book says President Roosevelt made it famous by wearing a button hole of it%26#039;s buds. So it may have been popular there. Hope this helps.



Soles

No comments:

Post a Comment